The Land Court of Queensland hears and determines matters relating to land and natural resources. The court:
- hears appeals against land valuations for rating and rental purposes
- determines claims for compensation for the resumption of land
- makes recommendations for the grant of mining tenures and environmental authorities for resource projects
- determines compensation for mining activities and land access
- hears appeals against local government rating categories
- deals with Indigenous land and cultural heritage issues, including the grant of injunctions and approval of cultural heritage management plans.
Judgments by the Land Court and Land Appeal Court of Queensland. See also the policy for reserved judgments.
Information about the Land Court, including its history, membership and jurisdiction, and links to annual reports and reviews of valuation cases
Appeals against land valuation, compensation for land resumptions, objections to mining projects, landowner compensation for mining activities, protection for cultural heritage
Practical advice about starting proceedings, filing court documents, alternative dispute resolution, representing yourself at a hearing, and searching and copying court files
The current schedule of court fees and information on how to pay
A list of all forms used by the Land Court and Land Appeal Court
A list of all practice directions issued by the Land Court and Land Appeal Court
A list of Communiqués issued by the Land Court about new legislation, processes and other developments
Interest rates payable on compensation awards for land resumptions
The structure of appeals from the Land Court and appealing to the Land Appeal Court
The associate's role and how to make application to become an associate.
Contacting the Land Court and Tribunal Registry