There are many government and community support services in Queensland to help you if you’re in a domestic violence relationship. Most provide free services.
Support services, legal services and community services
Use our search tool to find a domestic violence support service.
Help going to court
All parties involved in a domestic violence court matter may be able to access court support through the volunteer Court Network. Call 1800 267 671 (toll free) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Victims of domestic violence may be able to get help with going to court through the Victim Coordination Program run by Victim Assist Queensland. Call 1300 546 587 or email email@example.com.
Help stopping violent behaviour
- Get support to stop violent or abusive behaviour in your relationships.
- Contact DVConnect Mensline on 1800 600 636.
- Contact Lifeline on 13 11 14.
DVConnect Womensline provides 24/7 referral to crisis accommodation for women and children affected by domestic violence in Queensland. (It also provides confidential advice and counselling).
Help for hearing impaired people
- TTY users: 13 36 77 (no additional call charges apply)
- Speak and listen (speech-to-speech relay) users: 1300 555 727
- Internet relay users: National Relay Service
- National Translator and Interpreter Service: 13 14 50
- Glossary of common court, tribunal and legal terms for interpreters