Queensland Courts social media accounts
X (formerly Twitter)
- @SupremeCourtQLD—Supreme Court of Queensland
- @DistCourtQLD—District Court of Queensland
- @MagsCourtQLD—Magistrates Court of Queensland
Social media disclaimer
Opinions and/or views expressed on Queensland Courts social media platforms, including, but not limited to, our X accounts, represent the thoughts of individual bloggers and online communities, and not those of Queensland Courts.
While Queensland Courts make reasonable efforts to monitor and/or moderate content posted on its social media platforms, we cannot always respond in a timely manner to online requests for information. Queensland Courts will only respond to comments during standard business hours. Its social media sites are only monitored during standard business hours.
Queensland Courts cannot comment on a case that is before a court or a judgment that has been published.
Queensland Courts cannot respond to comments about a person’s personal circumstances or provide legal advice. If you need to contact the Court in relation to your case, please do so by visiting the Contact us page on the Queensland Courts website (www.courts.qld.gov.au).
Queensland Courts makes no claims, promises, or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the contents of this site, and expressly disclaims liability for errors and omissions in the contents of this site. No warranty of any kind, implied, expressed, or statutory, including, but not limited to, the warranties of non-infringement of third-party rights, is given with respect to the contents of social media or its links to other online resources.
Queensland Courts reserve the sole right to review, edit and/or delete any comments it deems are inappropriate. Comments including, but not limited to, the following may be deleted or edited by the moderators:
- abusive or hurtful comments about a blogger, another participant or Queensland Courts, which may include:
- inappropriate language (e.g. profanity, racial, ethnic or gender-based language)
- personal attacks or defamatory statements or comments (e.g. negative personal or untrue comments about a participant), instead of just criticising his/her posting, opinion or comments
- irrelevant and redundant comments (e.g. promotion of events, groups, pages, websites, organisations and programs not related to or affiliated with Queensland Courts)
- comments that violate the privacy of Queensland Courts judicial members, court staff, clients or stakeholders.
Any comments that contradict these guidelines will be removed, and people with repeated violations may be blocked from all of our social media channels.
Links to other websites which are linked from Queensland Courts social media sites are provided as a guide only and such linkage does not constitute endorsement of those sites by Queensland Courts and as such we are not responsible for the content of external websites.
By submitting content to any of Queensland Courts social media sites, you understand and acknowledge that this information is available to the public and as such, is considered a public record.
Queensland Courts will not host or respond to political content.