Going to Planning and Environment Court

Before you start or attend proceedings as a party in the Planning and Environment Court (P and E Court), read the information below to familiarise yourself with the process.

P and E Court encourages all parties to participate in an alternative dispute resolution process to try to resolve your issues without the need for court.

Alternative dispute resolution

How to use ADR to try to resolve issues in the P and E Court

Starting proceedings

The process for starting proceedings in the P and E Court, including filing and serving documents, and applying for a directions order

Hearings and reviews

The types of hearings and reviews that you may need to attend in the P and E Court

Representing yourself

Advice and links to more information about how to represent yourself in a P and E Court proceeding