Common queries

Vacating a matter

Trial dates set by a judge can be vacated only by the order of a judge or if the matter has been discontinued.

If the matter settles

If the matter settles before the trial/hearing date and you have paid a setting down and hearing fee, file a Form 130 - Request for fee refund (DOC, 47.0 KB) at least 10 days before the first day of the trial/hearing to obtain a refund of the fees.

Judge allocation

Judges are allocated on the Friday before the trial begins. However, the allocation may change if other matters settle or a judge is no longer available.

Additional courtroom facilities

If you need additional facilities, such as teleconferencing, videoconferencing, laptops or general interpreter services, email the civil list manager the week before your trial:

If parties can’t agree on trial dates

If parties can’t agree on dates for the trial in the Supreme Court, the matter is set down before the applications judge.