Refund of setting down and hearing fees

If you’re a party to a proceeding and the trial or hearing is no longer required, you can request a refund of 75% of any setting down or hearing fee paid to the registrar of the relevant Supreme Court or District Court registry.

To do this, file a Form 130 - Request for fee refund (DOC, 47.0 KB) at least 10 business days before the first day of the hearing or trial.

If your request is received 10 business days or less before that date, you will generally not qualify for a refund.

The refund is processed once the trial or hearing has been delisted.

All refunds will be made by cheque and take at least 14 days to process from confirmation date.