Obtain a trial date (callover)

In the District Court, callovers are held to allocate trial dates.

In the Supreme Court, trial dates are usually allocated via email only. (No callovers are held in this jurisdiction.)

The lists of the proceedings awaiting trial in the Supreme and District Courts are managed by civil list managers.

Parties in the District Court can request a trial date through the callover process by either:

  • lodging their request for allocation via email
  • obtaining an order before an applications judge.

Find more information about obtaining a trial date/callover:

Steps to obtaining a trial date

Common queries