A judgment sets out the amount of money or other reimbursement that one party must pay to another.

A judgment can be entered:

  • against a defendant who hasn’t filed a defence
  • as a summary judgment if a party to the action hasn’t complied with a court order
  • when filed on behalf of the person in whose favour the magistrate made the order
  • with an order of another court/tribunal registered in the Magistrates Court for enforcement.

Find out more below about judgments in the Magistrates Court.

Getting a judgment

Making a claim for a judgment, types of judgments and what happens after you get a judgment

Having a judgment set aside

Setting aside a judgment against you for a debt you’ve already paid

Registering an interstate judgment

Registering a money order made by another state or territory court so it can be enforced in Queensland

Interest rates

List of interest rates the registrar can use in judgments for money disputes

Interest calculator

An online tool to help you calculate interest owing