Queensland Courts provides a wide range of statistical information about the operation of the courts.
You can find information about the courts' workloads in the:
- annual reports of the Supreme Court, District Court, Magistrates Court and Childrens Court of Queensland
- Australian Bureau of Statistics information on Criminal Courts, Australia
- Courts chapter of the Australian Government - Productivity Commission Report on Government Services.
Use caution when comparing information from these reports, as they contain different counting rules.
If you need data that's not available in reports by Queensland Courts or Australian Bureau of Statistics, complete a data request form to request it.
Submit your request by either:
- email: email@example.com (or firstname.lastname@example.org if it’s a media request)
- postal address: Courts Performance and Reporting Unit, GPO Box 1649, Brisbane Qld 4001.
A courts staff member will then contact you to confirm the details, advise you of the available information and estimate a time frame for getting it to you (usually 2–6 weeks).
Note: Legislative restrictions can affect the information we can provide, including data containing personal information, which we refer to the Right to Information and Privacy Unit for assessment.
If you have queries, contact the Courts Performance and Reporting Unit on (07) 3738 7243.