Admissions ceremonies are held to admit lawyers to the legal profession.
These ceremonies are conducted regularly in the Banco Court of the QEII Courts of Law Complex in Brisbane, and as required in Cairns, Townsville and Rockhampton.
Lawyers are admitted by the Court of Appeal in Brisbane and a Supreme Court judge in regional areas.
|21 November 2016||4 November 2016||4 November 2016||7 November 2016|
|14 and 15 December 2016||9 December 2016||12 December 2016|
|6 February 2017|
|20 March 2017|
|2 May 2017|
|12 June 2017|
Information for practitioners and applicants
- What to expect at an Admissions Ceremony - Brisbane
- Disclosure guidelines for applicants for admission to the legal profession
The following legislation and guidelines may assist you
- Supreme Court (Admission) Rules 2004
- Admission guidelines 1 of 2016 - Approving academic qualifications
- Admission guidelines 2 of 2016 - Approving practical legal training requirements
- Admission guidelines 3 of 2016 - Assessing overseas applications