Admissions ceremonies are held to admit lawyers to the legal profession.
These ceremonies are conducted regularly in the Banco Court of the QEII Courts of Law Complex in Brisbane, and as required in Cairns, Townsville and Rockhampton.
Lawyers are admitted by the Court of Appeal in Brisbane and a Supreme Court judge in regional areas.
|6 June 2016||20 May 2016||24 June 2016|
|1 August 2016||24 June 2016||29 July 2016|
|10 October 2016||29 July 2016||16 September 2016|
|21 November 2016||16 September 2016||4 November 2016|
|14 and 15 December 2016||4 November 2016||12 December 2016|
|9 December 2016|
Information for practitioners and applicants
- What to expect at an Admissions Ceremony - Brisbane
- Disclosure guidelines for applicants for admission to the legal profession
The following legislation and guidelines may assist you
- Supreme Court (Admission) Rules 2004
- Admission guidelines 2 of 2015 - Approving practical legal training requirements
- Admission guidelines 3 of 2015 - Assessing overseas applications