Do you need to contact a courthouse?
Follow this link to access address and contact information for individual courthouses throughout Queensland.
Online search and copy court documents
Legal practitioners and members of the public can now apply online to access files in criminal matters and also in civil court cases in the Brisbane Supreme and District courts.
Magistrates Courts Daily Law Lists
To improve access to Queensland’s busiest Courts, parties, practitioners and other interested parties can now view Daily law lists for some regional Magistrates Courts online.
Courts Wi-Fi Portal now availableCourts Wi-Fi Portal now available
The Sir Harry Gibbs Legal Heritage Centre is a museum exhibition space open to the public.
Visitors are welcome week days between 9:00am and 5:00pm. The centre is located on the ground floor of the Queen Elizabeth II Courts of Law, 415 George Street, Brisbane.
Electronic Lodgement or eLodgement is an online service which allows court users to lodge Magistrates Court civil claims, statements of claim, requests for default judgment and affidavit forms online.
The service is available in all Magistrates Courts throughout the state.
G20 and live streaming of Brisbane Magistrates Court proceedings
If, during the week commencing 10 November 2014, the Brisbane Magistrates Court sits at a time when the Brisbane Magistrates Court building is closed to the public, court proceedings can be viewed by accessing a live stream from the link below.
The live stream will operate if court sits during the following times:
- Overnight (4.30pm to 8.30am) on Monday 10 November 2014, Tuesday 11 November 2014 and Wednesday 12 November 2014; and
- Over the G20 long weekend (from 4.30pm Thursday 13 November 2014 to 8.30am Monday 17 November 2014).
The link can be accessed at all times but, if court is not sitting or it sits at a time when the Brisbane Magistrates Court building is open to the public, there will be no live stream to view.
Terms and Conditions
Access to the live stream of the Brisbane Magistrates Court is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- You will not record, copy, modify, reproduce, publish, republish, upload, post, transmit, broadcast, rebroadcast, store, distribute or otherwise make available, in any manner, any proceeding or part of any proceeding, or any other part of the live stream, other than with prior written approval of the Court.
- The live stream does not constitute the official record of the Court.
- Copyright of the live stream including any part thereof is retained by the Court.
By clicking on the below link you acknowledge and agree to the above terms and conditions. The link can be accessed here.
Daily law lists
Court listings for the day. The law lists are updated daily, no later than 6pm the preceding day.
Schedule of the appearances and hearings scheduled for a court.
Full text of judgments from the Queensland Courts.
Search civil files
Access court documents online.
The Magistrates Court Service has been advised that numerous courthouses around the state have been contacted by members of the public who have received an emailed “Notice of Appearance” that requests their appearance at a nominated date and time at the courthouse, and further requests they bring with them the documents attached to the email. Read more>>