Letters of administration (with a will)
Specific documents are required when you file an application for letters of administration (with the will).
You may need to provide additional information in some cases by filing further affidavit material. All applications must be typed, not handwritten.
Note: Follow the five steps to applying for letters of administration (with a will).
- original will and two clear photocopies of the original last will (one copy stapled to the affidavit below)*
- affidavit in support
- a clear photocopy of the original last will and original death certificate issued by the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages. Do not file a photocopy of the death certificate.
- exhibit clause on Form 047 - Certificate of exhibit
- affidavit of publication and service
* Do not attach the will to any other document. Never use staples, pins, paperclips or piercing clips. If a will has any signs of tampering or damage, e.g. staple holes, rust marks etc., file a Form 111 - Affidavit of plight to explain why.