Volunteers in the court
Court network volunteers
Are you going to court?
Court Network can help you. We are a service offering free non-legal information, support and referral service to all individuals, families and friends going to court.
Court Network Volunteers can:
- Provide support and information about going to court
- Be with you in person on your day in court
- Explain how the courts and legal systems operate
- Show you around the court beforehand, so you can become familiar with where you have to go on the day of your court case
- Provide you with a safe place in court
- Refer you to other community services that can help you
We can help people attending the:
- Brisbane Magistrates, Supreme and District Courts
- Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (QCAT)
- Cairns Magistrates, Supreme and District Courts
- Townsville Magistrates, Supreme and District Courts
“Thank you for all the back up support provided through this distressing time, you were wonderful. It made all the difference to our family.”
The Court Network service has been assisting court users in Victoria since 1980. We have assisted over 260,000 court users in Queensland since the service commenced in 2006 (at 30 December 2014).
Brisbane QLD 4003
Freecall: 1800 267 671
T: (07) 3227 7625
Chief Justice of the Family Court of Australia, Diana Bryant
Chief Justice of Victoria, Marilyn Warren