Queensland Courts are responding to the evolving impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, in accordance with the COVID-19 advice being provided by health authorities, and have implemented a range of changes to court operations.
Queensland Health advise that people should stay at home if they are feeling unwell.
This includes if you are experiencing a fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath.
If you consider that this advice applies to you, please DO NOT ATTEND a court location. Seek medical attention.
If you are required in court, you should phone the relevant court registry by phone to advise that you are unwell and await advice about what you are required to do, or if you have any questions regarding entry to a courthouse.
If you display these symptoms after you have entered court, staff may ask you to leave.
These measures will assist in reducing the potential for transmission of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
The following measures are being put in place to support the safety of court users:
Maintain safe distancing
- Follow COVID-19 signage instructions about safe distancing and the directions of court staff and security officers
- Staff may limit the number of people entering the courthouse to ensure safe distancing can be maintained
- In line with current Queensland health directions, masks are still recommended whenever you cannot social distance
- Leave a one seat space in the public gallery (unless family/same household)
- You may be required to leave a courtroom at any time, if necessary, for court proceedings to continue.
Hygiene and cleaning
- Follow COVID-19 signage instructions about good hygiene practices
- Use the hand sanitiser, disinfectant wipes, tissues and bins provided
- In addition to daily routine cleaning on court sitting days, contact flat surfaces in courtrooms and high touch surfaces in public areas will be cleaned more regularly.
For the latest Queensland health directions, visit the Queensland Health website.
Refer to information on legal advice options for defendants.
Further more specific information for each court is available via the links below.