Skip links and keyboard navigation

Alternative Dispute Resolution

Supreme, District and Magistrates Courts

Alternative dispute resolution helps parties (organisations and individuals) to reach a settlement out of court so that the expense, time and conflict of a trial can be avoided.

Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) is used in civil cases in both the Supreme and District Courts.

An independent third party can help resolve disputes through ADR. However, involvement in this process does not mean that the parties forgo their right to a trial if the dispute doesn’t settle.

Mediation services are also available in the Magistrates Court.

The following legislation may assist you

September 2016
  • Land Court wins award
Queensland Land Court Reports
  • Volume 35 - Now available
Last reviewed
22 June 2011
Last updated
19 October 2016

Rate this page

  1. How useful was the information on this page?

Close window

Send this page to a friend