To expedite your request/application please print this page and present it to the registry with your request for default judgment/application for enforcement hearing summons/application for enforcement warrant.
- This interest calculator is to be used for calculating simple interest from 1 November, 2000 only.
- Pre-Judgment Rate is rate to be used when calculating the amount of interest payable on a default judgment. See Interest Rates on default judgments before a registrar for current and past rates.
- Post Judgment Rate is the rate to be used when calculating the amount of interest payable on an enforcement hearing summons or enforcement warrant. See Interest on Money Order for current and past rates.
- When calculating Post-Judgment Interest the Date interest is to be calculated from is to be the day following the date of judgment. (E.g. date of judgment is = 1-January-2011 then the “Date interest is to be calculated from” is 2-January-2011.)
- Agreed/Contractual Rate (shown as the Default Rate in the calculation) is the interest rate pleaded in the Statement of Claim as the applicable rate pursuant to an agreement or contract.
- The default Reserve Bank Interest Rates will be adjusted on 1 January and 1 July each year.
- Debt/Judgment Amount = the amount claimed in the claim and statement of claim (for default judgment) or the amount of the judgment/order (for enforcement warrants/summons).