Forestry and Quarry Materials

The Court can decide compensation about taking or using land for forestry products or quarry materials:

  • for the grant of a permit and for damages for certain types of loss (Forestry Act 1959 ss 61F, 61H); or
  • if Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander land is resumed, or a reservation is made or permit granted to use forestry products or quarry materials (Aboriginal Land Act 1991 ss 55, 82 or Torres Strait Islander Land Act 1991 s 50; Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Communities (Justice, Land and Other Matters) Act 1984 s 62).

If you want to see a complete list of the types of cases the Court hears, click here.

How do I get procedural assistance?

Contact the Land Court to discuss your options. Attend an interview at the Land Court Registry in person, by phone or via video conference.

farmers shaking hands