Subject to specific exemptions, registries and courthouses in the following locations will NOT be open to the public from 4pm Saturday 31 July 2021:
Beaudesert, Beenleigh, Brisbane Arrest Court, Brisbane Magistrates Court, Caboolture, Caloundra, Cleveland, Coolangatta, Gatton, Holland Park, Ipswich, Maroochydore, Nambour, Noosa, Pine Rivers, Pomona, Redcliffe, Richlands, Sandgate, Southport, Wynnum.
From Tuesday 3 August 2021 all QCAT matters in these courthouses will be conduct remotely in accordance with Practice Direction No.3 of 2021
For further information on Magistrates Court matters please see the Chief Magistrate’s notice – Lockdown Arrangements from 4pm Saturday 31 July 2021.
The QEII courthouse will remain open but you are encouraged not to attend unless necessary. A drop box has been established and the counter closed.
For procedures in Supreme and District Courts, please refer to the notice to the profession updated on 2 August by the Chief Justice and Chief Judge.
The remainder of Queensland Courts ARE open and hearing cases. For these courts you must wear a mask inside these courthouses if you have been in South East Queensland (Local Government Areas: Brisbane, Ipswich, Logan, Moreton, Redland, Sunshine coast, Gold Coast, Noosa, Somerset, Lockyer Valley, Scenic Rim) within the last 14 days.
- South-East Queensland lockdown arrangements
- SEQ COVID19 Lockdown – Updated Supreme and District Courts notice
- Magistrate Court of Queensland practice direction 3 of 2021
- District Court of Queensland Practice Direction 7 of 2021
- District Court of Queensland Practice Direction 6 of 2021
- Supreme Court of Queensland Practice Direction 16 of 2021
- Use of QR codes in Queensland court buildings
- Interest rates for the period 1 July – 31 December 2021
- Regulated fee increase
- COVID lockdown arrangements for the Magistrates and Childrens Courts in Greater Brisbane
- Applications in the Supreme Court during COVID lockdown
- Protocol for Applications for judicial review – Parole Board Queensland
- More news