Land disputes

This section gives you practical advice about how to approach the Land Court in relation to different types of cases.

Land Valuation Appeals

Appealing the Valuer-General’s decision on your objection against your land valuation

Compensation for land resumption

Applying to the Land Court for compensation when your land is resumed by the state or local government

Objecting to mining projects

Lodging an objection to a mining project and associated environmental authority and the Land Court’s role in hearing the objections

Landowner compensation for mining activities

Getting compensation for mining activities on your land

Protecting cultural heritage

Seeking an injunction to protect cultural heritage, and lodging objections to cultural heritage studies and cultural heritage management plans