COVID-19 response - Land Court
The lifting of the lockdown in South East Queensland will mean as of Monday 9 August 2021 the Land Court of Queensland will return to normal operations.
In accordance with health directives, masks are to carried at all times and must be worn. This measure has been put in place to protect ourselves, and the people around us, especially those most vulnerable. As a result, please wear a mask at all times when visiting the Land Court at the Brisbane Magistrates Court Building.
To file any documents other than originating processes please email email@example.com. Originating process documents are to be filed in person please contact the registry by phone or email if you are unable to do so.
For all enquiries please use said email or call 3738 7199.
Please continue to check the website daily for updates.
The following court arrangements will apply during any mandatory lockdown and/or restriction period:
- Unless otherwise directed, the Court will conduct the following court events by videoconference or teleconference (as advised) and parties are excused from attending in person:
- mediations or preliminary conferences
- CMEE conferences (case management conferences and meetings of experts)
- directions hearings or reviews.
- The Court will direct arrangements for oral hearings, whether interlocutory or final, in consultation with the parties. Parties must advise the Court and all other parties, in writing, and as soon as possible, of any health, technology or other circumstances or preferences they ask the Court to take into account in directing those arrangements.
The Court uses the following technology for the stated purposes:
- Videoconferences and teleconferences* (Hearings, reviews, CMEE events) - PEXIP is the preferred platform, but other platforms may be considered if necessary - Pexip instructions (PDF, 591.8 KB)