COVID-19 response - Land Court
During COVID-19 restrictions, the Land Court has continued to hear cases with little interruption, using videoconference and telephone facilities. As restrictions start to ease, the Land Court has reviewed its arrangements.
From 15 June 2020 and until further notice:
- The Court will continue to enforce physical distance requirements in all courtrooms and court facilities.
- Parties may attend at the Registry in person to file documents or make enquiries. However, the Court encourages parties to continue to use phone, mail or email wherever practicable.
- Unless otherwise directed, the Court will conduct the following court events by videoconference or teleconference (as advised) and parties are excused from attending in person:
- mediations or preliminary conferences
- CMEE conferences (case management conferences and meetings of experts)
- directions hearings or reviews.
- The Court will direct arrangements for oral hearings, whether interlocutory or final, in consultation with the parties. Parties must advise the Court and all other parties, in writing, and as soon as possible, of any health, technology or other circumstances or preferences they ask the Court to take into account in directing those arrangements.
The Court uses the following technology for the stated purposes:
- Videoconferences - Pexip is the preferred platform, but other platforms may be considered if necessary - Pexip instructions (PDF, 591.8 KB
- Teleconferences - Chorus Call is used for all teleconferencing - Chorus Call Instructions (PDF, 225.4 KB)