COVID-19 response - Drug and Alcohol Court
In response to the impacts of COVID-19, please be advised:
- As of 13 July 2020, referrals to QDAC have recommenced. Any future decisions regarding QDAC referrals will be based on ongoing advice provided.
- Court sitting days are subject to change at the direction of the Chief Magistrate. For up to date sitting days and times please contact the QDAC office.
- Participants must continue to comply with the conditions of their Treatment Order including participating in court mentions, recommended treatment and case management. Failure to comply may result in appropriate action by the court.
- Any further charges should continue to be adjourned to QDAC as per paragraph 26 of Practice Direction no. 1 of 2018 (amended) . Further, as per paragraph 27 of this Practice Direction, section 151ZB warrant apprehensions must continue to be adjourned to the next QDAC sitting day with no provision for bail.
- If you are currently subject to a Drug and Alcohol Treatment Order and have any questions about your supervision, please contact your Queensland Corrective Services or Queensland Health case worker on 3738 7111. You may also wish to contact Legal Aid Queensland on 1300 651 188.
- We thank you for your understanding as we respond to this evolving health situation and work to protect the health and well-being of our staff while maintaining adequate service delivery. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Queensland Drug and Alcohol Court on 3738 7111 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.