Listing of matters in civil applications in the Brisbane District Court
Notice from the Chief Judge Re: listing of matters in civil applications in the District Court, Brisbane
- The current practice of all civil applications to be heard in Brisbane on a particular day being listed for 10.00am will be suspended until further notice.
- Rather, the hearing of matters will be staggered.
- The default listing practice from Monday 23 March 2020 will be that matters are listed at half hourly intervals, starting at 9.30am.
- However, the Judge of the Court responsible for particular applications might stagger the hearing of those matters in a different way.
- Parties should pay particular regard to the time allocated to their application in the Daily Law List on the day that the matter is to be heard.
- Although this practice will not be mandated for civil applications in regional Courts, it is to be expected that a similar approach will be adopted where there is a significant number of matters listed in applications for the same day.