Changes to filing fees from 1 July 2016
Regulated fee increase
The Governor in Council has approved an increase to court fees from 1 July 2016.
The new fees are contained in the Justice Legislation (Fees) Amendment Regulation (No. 1) 2016 and affect fees prescribed under the following regulations:
- Appeal Costs Fund Regulation 2010
- Criminal Practice (Fees) Regulation 2010
- Jury Regulation 2007
- Justices of the Peace and Commissioners for Declarations Regulation 2007
- Justices Regulation 2014
- Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal Regulation 2009
- Recording of Evidence Regulation 2008
- Uniform Civil Procedure (Fees) Regulation 2009 (UCPR)
Note that fees taken in relation to Births, Deaths and Marriages are to increase as well, however that increase will take effect from 4 July 2016.
Additionally, Planning and Environment Court fees contained in the Sustainable Planning Regulation 2009 will increase from 4 July 2016.