Changes to filing fees and professional costs
Regulated fee increase
The Governor in Council has approved an increase to court fees from 1 July 2013.
The new fees are contained in the Justice Legislation (Fees) Amendment Regulation (No.1) 2013 and affect fees prescribed under the following regulations:
- Appeal Costs Fund Regulation 2010
- Births, Deaths and Marriages Registration Regulation 2003
- Criminal Practice (Fees) Regulation 2010
- Evidence Regulation 2007
- Jury Regulation 2007
- Justices of the Peace and Commissioners for Declarations Regulation 2007
- Justices Regulation 2004
- Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal Regulation 2009
- Recording of Evidence Regulation 2008
- Uniform Civil Procedure (Fees) Regulation 2009 (UCPR)
Planning and Environment Court fee increase
The new fees payable in the Planning and Environment Court are contained in Sustainable Planning Amendment Regulation (No.3) 2013.
Scale of costs – Uniform Civil Procedure Rules 1999 (UCPR)
The Governor in Council also approved an increase to the professional costs claimable under the UCPR.
The new costs are contained in the Uniform Civil Procedure and Another Rule Amendment Rule (No. 1) 2013.