The Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (QCAT) is an independent tribunal which actively resolves disputes in a way that is fair, just, accessible, quick and inexpensive.
QCAT makes decisions on a range of jurisdictions including:
- minor civil disputes (including consumer, debt and residential tenancy disputes)
- human rights (e.g. anti-discrimination, guardianship and administration for adults, children and young people matters)
- civil (e.g. building disputes and tree disputes)
- administrative (reviews of decisions by government agencies and statutory authorities)
- disciplinary (e.g. police and health professionals).