Callover (District Court)
Obtain a trial date (callover) - Civil
- File a Form 48 - Request for trial date (UCPR). This can be filed via email to the dc-CivilListManager@justice.qld.gov.au
- If the trial is expected to take more than 1 day the Plaintiff is required to pay the relevant setting down and hearing fee at the time of filing of the Request for Trial Date. The plaintiff may apply to the registrar to have the fee reduced if it believes the payment of the fee is likely to cause hardship.
- If your application cannot be dealt with in the two hour time limit, parties should contact the District Court civil list manager.
- File a Form 9 – Application (UCPR) to obtain a trial date from a judge. You should obtain a list of the available trial dates from the District Court civil list manager before the matter is heard by a judge.
- You can obtain a specific trial date by lodging a Request for allocation of trial date form via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax on (07) 3224 7408.
All parties must agree on the date before the form is lodged. The civil list manager will advise you of the listing date and this information will also be included on the callover list.
- The matter will automatically be placed on to the callover list once a Form 48 - Request for trial date (UCPR) has been filed. The judge will allocate a trial date at the callover.