Steps to follow
Warrants of regular redirections from financial institutions - Civil
- Unless the court grants leave, the application for the issue of a warrant must be made within six years of the order.
- A copy of Form 77 - Enforcement warrant for regular redirection (UCPR) must be attached to a Form 9 - Application (UCPR) for filing. A copy must be provided to the enforcement debtor.
- A Form 74 – Statement in support (UCPR), should be sworn and filed at least two business days before the application is filed, including:
- the date and amount of the money order
- the date and amount of any payment made under the order
- the costs incurred in previous enforcement proceedings
- any interest due on the date the statement is sworn and the daily amount accruing after that date
- any other details necessary to:
- calculate the amount payable under the order on the date the statement is sworn
- show how the amount is calculated
- sufficient details to prove that the money is being paid into the account by a fourth party (e.g. an employer)
- information about the debtor’s financial position to satisfy the registrar that the debtor can afford the deduction and won’t suffer unreasonable hardship, allowing for:
- living expenses (including living expenses of any dependants)
- known liabilities (hire purchase, rentals, payment of other judgments etc.).