Steps to follow
Making an application for bail
- Complete a Form 2 - Application for bail (CPR) in the Supreme Court
- Complete a Form 11 – Affidavit (CPR) in support of the application. If you have already applied for bail and been refused, you must state in the supporting affidavit any change of circumstances that justify a reapplication.
- Include any supporting affidavits or other documents with the application.
- File the documentation with the Supreme Court civil registry at the counter or by post. There is also a policy on the website regarding the electronic lodgement of bail applications. (For the Supreme Court and for the District Court)
- A copy of the application and the supporting affidavits or other documents must be served on the prosecutor. This must be done at least two complete business days (part of a day doesn’t count) before the day the application is to be heard, unless the prosecutor agrees to an extension of time.