Skip links and keyboard navigation

Alternative Dispute Resolution

Supreme and District Courts

Alternative dispute resolution helps parties (organisations and individuals) to reach a settlement out of court so that the expense, time and conflict of a trial can be avoided.

Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) is used in civil cases in both the Supreme and District Courts.

An independent third party can help resolve disputes through ADR. However, involvement in this process does not mean that the parties forgo their right to a trial if the dispute doesn’t settle.

Mediation services are also available in the Magistrates Court.

The following legislation may assist you

October 2015
  • Court holidays
Last reviewed
22 June 2011
Last updated
27 January 2016

Rate this page

  1. How useful was the information on this page?

Close window

Send this page to a friend