Applications for consent directions
The court will consider and determine, on the papers, applications for the variation of directions if all of the following conditions are met1:
- The application is filed in the Land Court registry and includes a set of draft consent directions.
- The application is signed by all parties to the case.
- If the application seeks to adjourn a review, the application must be made by no later than 4pm 2 business days before the matter is set for review.
- The application details the specific reasons for the adjournment, a proposed date for the next review, and identifies any scheduled events that may be at risk because of the adjournment/extension2.
The President’s or Member’s associate will notify the parties whether the application has been granted or refused by 12:00 noon on the business day following receipt of the application.
All applications can be emailed to: LandCourt@justice.qld.gov.au
1. The court may vary directions where all conditions have not been met under exceptional circumstances.
2. For example a, meeting of experts, mediation, preliminary conference or hearing.