Steps to follow
Drug Court - criminal
- Talk over your options with your lawyer and/or the Drug Court coordinator in your area.
- Once your case goes to a participating Magistrates Court, you should tell the magistrate you are going to plead guilty and ask them to consider referring you for assessment.
- If you have been referred for assessment, ask your lawyer to help you apply for Legal Aid Queensland funding to pay for your next appearance.
- Work hard and learn the skills to become drug-free and crime-free.
- Resist drugs in the future, manage anger and improve your life and chances of employment.