Steps to follow
Service outage notice
Website maintenance will be occuring between 1am-7am AEST on both 11 and 13 December 2013. You may receive a timeout or error message during this period.
Childrens Court (Magistrates Court) - Criminal
Issuing subpoenas in child protection proceedings
- Check with the registrar of the relevant court to determine the correct procedure
- Complete and file a Form 23 – Request for subpoena at the court registry.
- Complete and file a Form 24 – Subpoena, which is issued by the registrar.
- Serve subpoena on the person/entity named.
Request for a transcript
- Transcript requests must be made in writing to the court where the matter was heard.
- The matter to be transcribed must be clearly identified by name, file number, type of proceeding and date.
- The person making the request must state their intention to pay the prescribed fee.
- The person making the request must demonstrate they have sufficient interest in the matter before a request will be granted.
- All requests for transcripts are forwarded to the Attorney-General for determination except when an appeal or application against a conviction or order has been made. It can take up to three weeks for the determination to be made.
- If the request is authorised the transcript will be ordered. Transcripts can take six to eight weeks to be produced. Payment of the prescribed fee is required on collection of the transcript.