Steps to follow
Childrens Court (District Court) - Criminal
Applying for bail
- Contact the Children’s Court list manager on 3247 4934 to arrange a date for the bail application to be heard before a CCQ judge.
- Form 2 – Application for bail (CPR) should be filed in the criminal registry and served on the Director of Public Prosecutions three or more days before the bail application is listed to be heard.
- All supporting affidavits should be filed with the criminal registry at the same time as Form 2 - Application for bail (CPR).
Applying for a sentence review
- Contact the Children’s Court list manager on 3247 4934 to arrange a mention date.
- File a Form 53 - Application for sentence review (JAA) in the criminal registry once a mention date has been arranged
- Request a transcript of sentence proceedings from the Magistrates Court where your case was first heard.