Contacts for media
The daily law lists are issued by Queensland’s Supreme Court, District Court, Industrial Court, Land Court and regional Magistrates Courts.
See below for other contacts for media enquiries.
Routine media enquiries about court appearance dates and outcomes
The courthouse where the matter is listed
Media enquiries for the Magistrates Courts or the Department of Justice and Attorney-General
Communication Services Branch, +61 7 3008 8765
Media enquiries for the Supreme Court and District Court
Court Information Officer, +61 7 3247 4119
Information on using electronic devices in courtrooms
Supreme Court practice direction: 2014/08 - Electronic devices in courtrooms (PDF, 27KB)
Information on reporting from outside the courthouse
Supreme Court practice direction: 2014/17 - Queen Elizabeth II Courts of Law Supreme Court, Brisbane Accessways to remain clear (PDF, 182KB)
Judgments issued by the Supreme and District Courts
Protocol for recording and broadcasting judgment remarks
The Recording and broadcasting of judgment remarks protocol (PDF, 126KB) sets out the arrangements and procedures for accredited media to record and broadcast the court’s judgment remarks to ensure fair and accurate reporting, and increase the accessibility of court proceedings. The protocol also ensures that proceedings are run efficiently and fairly.
Accredited media may apply to the court to record and broadcast judgment remarks using the application form (PDF, 376KB) and submit it by email to the Queensland Courts Information Officer.
- Filming inside the Brisbane Supreme Courthouse (PDF, 30KB) - 31 March 2008
- Courts increase media access to criminal exhibits (PDF, 27KB) - 14 March 2008
- Memorandum to media representatives (PDF, 56KB) - 22 February 2006
- Announcement of an initiative designed to enhance the service provided by the Supreme Court to the commercial community (PDF, 27KB) - 9 April 2002
- The Hon P de Jersey AC Chief Justice (PDF, 53KB) - 28 September 2000